The AuthorAID has announced its travel and workshop grant applications in 2017.
AuthorAID helps researchers in developing countries to publish and otherwise communicate their work. It also serves as a wider global forum to discuss and disseminate research.
- 5 AuthorAID travel grants (USD 1500 each) for early-career researchers to present their research at an international conference. The deadline for applying for a travel grant is 29th of January 2017, 10 PM GMT.
- 5 AuthorAID workshop grants (USD 2500 each) for experienced researchers or administrators to organise a workshop on a topic related to research communication. The deadline for applying for a workshop grant is 5th of February 2017, 10PM GMT.
- In order to apply for an AuthorAID grant applicants have to be a citizen of and living and working in a country on the list of eligible countries. Exceptions are made for refugee academics.
- They should not have received a grant from AuthorAID in the past two years.
- When applying for a travel grant their proposal/abstract should already have been accepted for presentation at an international conference and they should be a first-time presenter.
- When applying for a workshop grant they should be one of the following: an experienced trainer of research communication, a successful researcher who is confident about teaching research communication, an administrator who can arrange one or more trainers for the workshop. They should also have permission from their institution to conduct an AuthorAID workshop.
How to Apply
Interested applicants may apply online via given website.
Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Croatia, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial, Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Federated States of Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe.