Seeking Young Researchers Worldwide 2017 BCFN Young Earth Solutions (YES) Research Grant
Deadline: 28 June 2017
The Barilla Center for Food & Nutrition (BCFN) Foundation is seeking young researchers from all over the world for its 2017 BCFN Young Earth Solutions (YES) Research Grant Competition with an aim to reward the best ideas about food and sustainability.
The objective of the research proposal is to make more sustainable one or more themes of the agri-food system, in terms of environmental, social, health and economic aspects.
- Sustainable and healthy diets;
- Urban food systems and policies;
- Resilient agriculture, land use change and agro-ecology;
- The nexus between climate change, energy and food;
- Sustainable water management;
- Food supply chains;
- Ecosystems and ecosystem services;
- Healthy lifestyles;
- Food waste reduction;
- Food policy development;
- Food security: availability, access, utilization, stability;
- Communication technologies and networks;
- Youth and women’s involvement in agriculture.
The award is a 20.000 € research grant applied to a one-year investigation.
- The 2017 BCFN YES! Research Grant Competition invites young PhD and postdoc researchers from any background and nationality to submit a research project to improve the sustainability of the food system.
- The Competition is designed for individual or multidisciplinary and cross-national research teams of a maximum of three components.
- The Competition encourages the participation of teams from different disciplines and countries who wish to combine their expertise in innovative approaches.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit their proposals online through the BCFN via given website.
For more information, visit https://www.barillacfn.com/en/research/bcfnyes/